Thursday, April 18, 2024

Scrub Stitchin' 3

 Up early again and I even beat Chooky to the sewing room.



Camp Cypress certainly lives up to its name with dozens of cypress pines dotting the area.

I continued with blocks for the Jacobs' quilt after Chooky helped me to swap tables before many people arrived for breakfast. A much more stable table. By about morning tea time I had finished all of one set of blocks.

Stephanie and I drove to the National Parks Discovery Centre in Baradine then also drove around for a "tour of the 'burbs" after a coffee at the Embassy Cafe. Baradine is a small town of about 600 residents but does have a hospital.

I then went ahead to finish binding the Jewel Quilt before dinner was served.



After dinner I started the project that Chooky introduced us to and by bedtime I had figured out how to change a one ended section into one that travelled in two directions to create a table runner.


Another day of sewing and chatting and a show and tell of all our projects and things we'd also brought with us.





At sunset we were all ushered out of the sewing room for drinks and nibbles in the cool of the evening while the room was prepared for our final night dinner. The theme was stars.






Fun was had by all and an exchange of gifts was enjoyed. Mine was a lovely sewing kit made by Janice.


Other gifts that were in our starry bag on our desk when we arrived included...




I spent a bit of time on our last morning experimenting with creating slabs of fabric from everyone's scraps before packing to leave after lunch.


Everyone set out their zig zag projects to see what they could look like.


We stayed another night with Jen and Alex on our way home and enjoyed dinner at their favourite haunt.


Of course I had to stop on the way home at the Capertee Valley lookout. Such a magnificent view and very significant to Surrey and I.

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

We should have swapped the table sooner........I won't be making that mistake next year.........
I sure missed a stunning sunset while decoration......so pleased you enjoyed the theme evening........

Janice said...

I’m glad you took the time to have a look around Baradine. Isn’t the discovery centre interesting. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable time with us all. I hope you both come back next year.