Thursday, April 18, 2024

Scrub Stitchin' 2

 I was up early for my birthday and spent most of the day sewing. My first job was binding the Jewel Quilt I had finished at home, 

then to break it up I started the Woven Jacobs' Ladder quilt I am making. I had cut all the pieces for it from Surrey's shirts and brought them with me.

Even though the Jacobs' quilt was to be my main project for the week I had to stop as I got to a stage where the machine was too unmanageable on its wobbly table with some of the thickest seams. I got all the centre blocks finished but not the ones with the large square in the middle of them.

We had lunch and dinner prepared for us today and both meals were most welcome being all the more delicious because we did not have to do anything.

All day I had to wear the birthday sash and also received lots of birthday emails and messages from friends and family.

When any of us needed a break we wandered around the room to see what others were doing and learning from each other as we swapped ideas and tricks. We also had a show and tell when anyone finished their project.









2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

loving the look of the woven Jacobs ladder........

Janice said...

You were very productive. Isn’t it fun seeing what everyone else is working on. Such a variety.