Friday, August 7, 2020

My beautiful sewing machine is sick

Yesterday I had to deliver the sewing machine I bought when Surrey was sick to the sewing machine doctor. He says he can look and it will cost a fortune but not as much as a new machine.

That left me in the lurch as I am up to quilting the seminole quilts and my other machines don't have a long enough throat for so much quilt to go through. So I tried my treadle machine. That was the right size but as I need two hands on the quilt I found it awkward stopping and starting because you also need a hand to spin the wheel to start the treadle. I don't have three hands.

My small machines have no table extension so I have now moved one of them to my large table and was able to do one of the quilts (not well). I've now added the binding quite easily though. 

        

I think I'll wait until my machine returns to do any more quilting.

No comments: