Monday, April 20, 2020

UFOs and PhDs in Lockdown

There has not been much activity as a group lately but I think I'd like to change that and have a Zoom get together soon. More details via email.

I've now been in self-isolation for over 5 weeks because I am an old lady! My "children" are making sure I have access to everything I need and last night we even had a Zoom family dinner. This time has given me lots of opportunities for huge garden make overs especially in the chook yard but has also provided the opportunity for patchwork experiments and PhDs.

I am currently using lots of my 1.5" leaders and enders that have already been sewn into 4-patches. I am putting blocks up on the design wall as I go and am quite pleased with the results so far.


I have just pinned the maroon strip on to see what sashing looks like on it. I'll choose a final colour when I decide who it is for. However, I do rather like the maroon. I have tried to avoid bright yellow in the leader and ender blocks and am using my scrap strips for the log cabin blocks in blacks and creams.

I have also been enjoying handsewing whilst listening to episodes of Friendship Album 1933, one of the books on the Quilt Fiction website.

Together with my Zoom pilates, Viral choir experiments and Skype and Zoom meals and morning teas I'd like to add a bit of communal sewing with you all so "see" you soon.

No comments: