Sunday, April 26, 2020

Karen W's Show and Tell

I saw a picture in a magazine of a bag made of on-point squares and decided to work out how to make one. After some drafting on graph paper and resorting to sticking together paper squares(!) to get the sequence right, I made the smaller (4 " squares) bag. That looks OK but it is only big enough for a paperback book and has no 'gusset' for expansion space. Then I did a bit of browsing and found various patterns online (of course!) so I made the second, larger bag, using 5" squares and adding an extra row of squares. That is still not a lot bigger but definitely able to accommodate more bulk thanks to the gusseted sides. 



During the Zoom meeting I also showed my current hexagon project, and some handy tools. The LED light is great for working in the evening, while the beewax candle makes it a lot easier to thread needles when the thread is dragged across the beewax. The takeway cup holds my reel of thread with the end coming out the spout (arrowed) - no more runaway reels. 

No comments: