We were all a bit disappointed with our Suzannah Twist quilt top as it grew...
Then I decided it needed corners but 'OH NO' I made them too big. So then I decided rather than changing the corner blocks I'd increase the width of the border. However, we did not have enough of the focus fabric. So I've used a yellow that we had plenty of...
I almost like it now. One lesson to learn with group quilts is about colour! The colours used in the block MUST be IN the Focus Fabric! It is important not to just use colours that GO WITH IT.
The other thing I did was add a sashing because the junctions of the block pieces were never going to line up. With a sashing this is less obvious.
Click on the picture and you'll see it larger. I can even see how to quilt it now.
This was a difficult block so thank you all for your struggles. We've all learned a lot about colour and set in seams.


No comments:
Post a Comment