Sunday, July 7, 2024

July Zoom together

 On Saturday, because I had the flu, we cancelled our gathering at mine and had a zoom in the afternoon. I forgot to do a screen shot which is annoying. It was all a bit of a hoot because I coughed a lot, Stephanie was in the shadows for half the zoom and Elaine could not unmute herself. We also had Jen (Mudgee), Karen (Balmain), Christine (Noosa) and Jeanette (Geraldton).

Some people had show and tell...

  • Jen showed us a 3D card she had made
  • Christine has been doing paper piecing
  • Karen has created 3 blocks for her new BOM
  • Elaine could not show us what she had been doing (update is now that having uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom on her tablet she can now get onto Zoom)
  • Stephanie, despite her illness, showed us one finish and one quilt in progress 
  • I did not show anything.

Jeanette zoomed from her car on a windy day trip to Kalbari to see the Murchison river flowing. Because it was so windy she could not show us so sent me photos later in the day which I include here.


She said they'd seen about 20 whales out to sea.




Jeanette also included some photos of the fauna that existed long ago and left tracks now fossilised. I've seen the tracks of this one.








Jeanette also corrected the caption she sent last time calling one of her quilts a winding ways quilt. It is actually called Walkabout. Thanks Jeanette for all your pics. I'm glad you beat the storm home and were not swept away in the raging torrent of the Murchison.


No comments: