Thursday, January 4, 2024

Karen's holiday achievements and finds

 Karen sent these photos through saying:

I can't bring the attached on Saturday because I made them as Xmas presents so I thought you might be able to put them on the blog for others to see. 

I wanted to use up starters and enders (based on 1.5" squares) but scarcely made a dent in my stockpile. 
The blue runner is bound; the other two are finished by cutting the backing fabric large enough to bring it over to the right side as a pseudo-binding. 
The cat-fabric table mat went to a friend with several cats. 







She also gives advanced notice of a coming exhibition...

For those who can get to Canberra March-August 2024, there's an exhibition of historic quilts, including the Rajah quilt: 


And then there is a link to a hexagon star block which we are hoping to use for our next quilt...

Thanks Karen for all this inspiration.

No comments: