Thursday, July 22, 2021

Betty needs help please

I've started doing Snail Trail blocks with all my scraps and leaders and enders. I've now got to the stage of deciding - 

  • do I keep them small as in the top row?
  • do I add another triangle on each as shown below left?
  • do I make the second row twist the other way rather than making them all twist in the same direction?

 If you click on the picture you will see it bigger.

Don't worry about the blocks that are not quite so obviously twisted as I can always put them in the corners or just leave them out.

If you have any suggestions please leave a comment below or just email me.

Thanks.

2 comments:

Botanical Traveller said...

Looking good, Betty.
In answer to your questions, maybe you could have a mix of large and small spiral blocks: e.g. mostly small with a few (scattered?) large blocks, or large blocks in the centre with small on the margins?
I can't visualise whether alternating the direction of the rows would help or hinder the movement of the quilt.
Are you aiming to have a regular arrangement of light or dark 'diamonds' where the blocks meet? I like the alternating light/dark 'diamond' at the RH end.

Ma Betty said...

I did wonder about the occasional large block idea.
Re the alternating light/dark diamonds. They are all doing that except I chose slightly darker lights for some of the corners. I think it can all be tweeked in the final layout.
Great ideas. Thanks for the feedback.