Monday, September 11, 2017

A Productive Day

On Friday three of us (Karen, Elaine and I) worked well towards completion of the quilts we have underway.

Elaine's Hexagons are now joined and the quilt is completed. Thank you to Elaine and her sore fingers with a day of hand sewing. Only the label to attach now. It is small but could be a warm knee rug or a baby's play mat.

Karen spent a lot of her time sewing together the strips of Karen's Windmill quilt. We've decided that this needs a row of sashing and corner stones around the edge before we add any borders. These are already for our next quilting day.

I added corners to the quilt top of our sampler quilt then started on the backing piece. The fabric we had chosen was not large enough so we have added some large patchwork blocks to it and thus extended it enough. Next time we can tack the sandwich together and start the quilting.

We chose our next lucky dip fabric which we've called Robyn's Retro. It has been in the lucky dip basket for 2 or 3 years and Robyn was wondering when it was going to come out. The block she chose was a free one from Jinny Beyer but unfortunately it has been taken offline. Karen and I then chose another one online from Quiltville and I've saved this as a .pdf file so that if it is taken off we still have it to use. I like the Quiltville site as it has lots of ways to use scraps.

Until next time... happy quilting.

No comments: