Monday, August 15, 2016

Quilting in August

Just before I went away Elaine, Pernilla and I worked on some UFOs. Elaine put the label on the Machu Pitchu Stars quilt which then finished that one and Pernilla (who has been here from Sweden for a few of our gatherings) spent her time sizing some orphan blocks and putting them together. She is going to mount the mediallion onto some navy fabric she has been storing at my place for the last few years. I also used orphan blocks and strips to create a Strippy Quilt top. I've yet to finish it.


On Saturday we only had three of us (myself, Karen W and Linda). However we did achieve lots in our day together.

Our first task was to draw the Machu Pitchu stars quilt. It was won by Helen in Tin Can Bay. She is thrilled but has asked that it be donated to Aussie Heros. So here comes another one Stephanie.


Next we decided again how to create borders for Jenny's Twister quilt top and Karen worked on that for the day.


There were also times when she was able to mentor Linda in her task of joining some batting strips together.



My particular task for most of the day was to quilt Valerie's Liberty block quilt. I was also able to attach the binding so Karen has taken that one home to finish off.

Together we worked methodically and quickly to sandwich Jeanette's Beacon Lights quilt and perhaps next time we can get that one finished.

As we still have at least 6 quilts on the go we did not draw another lucky dip fabric and block.

On my recent trip I met another quilter keen to join our group. Welcome Gill (from Melbourne). Hope you can join us in Sydney sometime soon.

No comments: