Sunday, August 19, 2018

Hippy August Patchwork

Being 3 weeks post hip replacement op I thought I'd only go upstairs then downstairs once in the day but in fact I did it 4 times! And I did it without any walking aid. I could not multitask as well and had a bit of a short fuse but I hope I did not offend anyone.

We had a great day working on our projects. Our first task for me was to sew together Christine's Windmill blocks while Karen pieced the backing for Carol's Peach quilt.


Once Elaine and Stephanie arrived we had lunch and had a great visit from Geoff et al who entertained us for some time. Geoff delivered a small spotlight for me to use when I photograph the quilts.

It was then back upstairs to tack Carol's Peach quilt.


We then played a bit with borders for Christine's quilt to try an lift it a bit and this is what we have come up with. Thanks Stephanie for the yellow thought. It really lifts the whole thing.



Elaine continued stitching the inside ring of blocks for Helen's Spots. This was followed by lots of discussion about  how to lift this one, experimenting with all sorts of ideas.


This is what we now have and my job is to create the 4 missing corner blocks. After we've finished that centre medallion with its yellow border then we'll consider what to do next.


We drew another fabric out of our lucky dip basket and have a beautiful aboriginal print donated by Ann from the Central Coast. I will post it out soon and write instructions for the block.

Meanwhile, if you feel like another pop-up sewing day just ring me and we can organise.

No comments: